No matter where you are on your life journey, setbacks can cause disappointment and a loss of momentum.
Whether it’s a new career you’re working towards or an overall appreciation of life, every step towards fulfillment can seem financially, emotionally, or psychologically draining from time to time.
To boost your confidence, here’s a list of the top 10 power words and tips to keep you motivated and passionate, no matter what life throws your way:
1. Purpose. Whenever you’re feeling discouraged or disappointed, always remember your original purpose. Reminding yourself of the original reason for doing what you’re doing will help refresh your mind when things go awry.?
2. Planning. Though you may think that you’ve done enough planning, thinking it through again will help find and clear any parts of your plan of action that may be causing you setbacks. Put all your thoughts down on paper, from the smallest details to the larger movements.?
- Being able to see the timeline of your mission will help you focus on taking one step at a time to reach your goals.?
3. Acceptance. Accepting that you’re a human being, flawed and fallible, and you’re going to have ups and downs, is absolutely crucial to your success. Without this self-acceptance you’ll get discouraged when things don’t go exactly according to plan, but accepting that everyone has issues will help you be a littel gentler with your sel-criticism, and ultimately that will help you get back on track.?
- Accepting what hasn’t worked in the past helps you not repeat it in the future. ?
4. Reward. When your motivation starts to drop off, it’s crucial to give yourself rewards along the way. This is one of the best ways to stay motivated on your path to success.?
- By giving yourself a taste of what you’re working for – whether it’s financial freedom, career responsibility, or your dream lifestyle – you won’t feel like you’re working so hard for nothing. This refreshes your mind and helps you work more productively.?
5. Health. You know what this entails: moderate exercise, a healthy diet, and 7-8 hours of sleep per night. Feeling worn-down will make it almost impossible to pursue your goals and vision with the same clarity and vigor you had when you first set out.?
- Take care of your basic needs first, and you’ll be strong enough to pursue your dreams.?
6. Motivation. Read books, listen to CDs, and go to seminars by people who’ve achieved the level of success that you want. Sometimes hearing their stories can greatly motivate you to act and succeed.? This is also about putting higher-quality thinking into your bodymind than you probably already have, and can help balance out the perhaps-negative words and actions of the people around you.
- Find a source or two that touches you in some way and keep them close for those moments when you feel discouraged.
7. Organization. Ever feel depressed and worn out, and then you clean your surroundings and instantly feel more focused and motivated? The same applies to your goal. Organize and clean your goal house regularly – schedule a goal checking day in your diary regularly.?
- Organizing yourself gives you a fresh start and a feeling of clarity. In doing so, you’ll be able to attack your short and long-term goals more vigorously and effectively.?
8. Refresh. Refresh your plan with something new: a different tactic, setting, or task. Whatever it is, break out of the pattern you’re in and try something new. Even if this new tactic doesn’t yield positive results immediately, it will help you broaden possibilities.?
9. Networking. Reach out to people in your industry or those who share your life goal. You can do this a number of ways: check out local clubs, find an online network or forum, or talk to existing contacts that may have already succeeded.?
- Having someone to voice your struggles, questions, and experience to will invigorate you to keep moving forward.?
10. Action. Taking action, despite doubts and setbacks, will help you progress. By moving on anyway, you will motivate yourself by the sheer momentum of doing something. And small actions, taken regularly, add up to a whole lot of progress over a week or a month, or a year.
Whenever you feel like your progress has stalled, or you simply want some quick inspiration, look to these 10 powerful words and strategies to spur you on. You’re sure to find something to get you back on track toward success!